More on Compounds
Compounds are essential for buffing cars to a brilliant shine. They help remove scratches and abrasions, and restore the paint to its original condition. There are many different compounds available on the market, each with its own unique benefits. In order to find the right compound for your needs, it is important to understand the differences between them.
Below you will see the different types of paint correction compounds we offer. Each one having its own unique use in the process of paint correction. Types of compounds and polishes for paint correction include.
1. Correction Compound - This is an "All-in-One" DIMINISHING, ABRASIVE polishing compound. Specially developed to quickly remove paint defects, marring, swirls, and holograms.
2. Fine Cut Compound - A very aggressive compound that rapidly removes severe paint defects such as deep scratches, heavy oxidation, and severe swirl marks.
3. Medium Cut Compound - A more aggressive compound than Fine Cut that is specifically designed to remove moderate paint defects such as swirl marks, scratches, and oxidation.
4. Polish - A less aggressive compound that is used to restore a high gloss finish to paintwork that has been previously corrected with a more aggressive compound.
5. Final Polish - The final step in the paint correction process, Final Polish is used to achieve an even higher level of gloss and clarity than Polish can achieve on its own.